The Life-Enriching Benefits of Powdered Whole Foods
Modern science, traditional wisdom, and an unquestioned consensus among nutrition experts agree that consuming a variety of fruits and vegetables on a regular basis has a direct positive correlation with a full range of vital health benefits. Yet, when it comes to supplementing your daily diet, are there occasions when a powdered form of a cherished organic whole food is superior to what is eaten as harvested?
To answer this question, let us journey to Thailand…
Mangosteen is a fruit that is prized worldwide. Native to Southeast Asia, the fleshy white mesocarp of mangosteen (its fruit) has an exquisite taste and texture with citrus and berry notes and a silky-smooth consistency (you must try it if you haven’t already!). Mangosteen is also the source of a great deal of research for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. The latter has led to a very appropriate designation of mangosteen as a true superfood.
Throughout Thailand where mangosteen is grown abundantly, the exocarp or rind of the mangosteen fruit is discarded in mass quantities daily. This phenomenon seems logical (we have all similarly sent banana and orange peels to the same fate), yet the rind of the mangosteen is where the deep purple pigment indicates the presence of a potent group of antioxidants, named xanthones. Studies are illustrating that these xanthones are effective in fighting the damaging effects of oxidative stress, as well as reducing inflammation in the body. Traditional medicinal uses of mangosteen have been for addressing a variety of ailments from allergies to urinary tract infections.
Millions of people enjoy the fleshy fruit of mangosteen daily, yet none of them are benefitting from the valuable components that lie within its uneaten rinds. In a fresh-dried powdered form, the entirety of the mangosteen is consumable and the valuable synergistic health benefits it may confer are accessed and assimilated by our bodies.
The story of the mangosteen illustrates just one example of how we can benefit by consuming the entirety of a true superfood…but there are more!
Here are 5 key benefits of consuming organic, whole foods in powdered form:
- Ability to consume beneficial parts of a whole food that would otherwise be discarded (e.g. fruit rinds).
- Ability to incorporate beneficial foods from distant parts of the world that are inaccessible in their fresh harvested state.
- Concentrated nutriment: many servings of whole foods become comparatively minute amounts of powder. The potency of these powders is exponentially increased with drying techniques such as freeze-drying hato retain near full nutritional value and bioactivity while solely removing water weight.
- Ability to combine different foods that would be implausible in their harvested state.
- Convenience and ease of integration into your diet and lifestyle.
We live in a time where access to Earth’s most prized and beneficial foods is greater than ever before. Harnessing the power of whole-food powders while maintaining their life force and full-spectrum of benefits is at the heart of what we do every day.
Eat great food, and with the power of powder, now you can supplement your diet with Earth’s best foods.